News       Forums       Game Info       Guides       Gallery       Videos       Chat       Blogs       Msgs    

Forums  
Tabula Rasa Gamers :: Forums :: Off Duty :: The Pub

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
What are you reading ??
Moderators: ConerVallore, Fractured, Masyn Goodchild, TehSoM
Author Post
{NEWFLAG} Masyn Goodchild
Wed Mar 07 2007, 07:41PM

JAG Assistant Admin

Registered Member #38

Was doing some tidying up and stopped to read a chapter out of one of my favoriteDean Koontz novels. ' The Taking '.

Quite fitting with TR, in a big way it is about an alien invasion - but it's got a kick in the nuts twist that makes people read it many times over.

What is on your nightstand ? .....books I mean.

[ image disabled ]

Dark master of the ..... and the /'ies
{NEWFLAG} Erin Bludd
Thu Mar 08 2007, 02:30PM

Registered Member #32

I've been trying to get back into reading a series of books by Harry Turtledove but haven't been successful. They're good books but I've been too lazy/playing video games too much lately. And now it doesn't look like I'll be getting a whole lot of reading time now. ;P

[ image disabled ]
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills;we shall never surrender." -Sir Winston Churchill
When there is no light, we shall be the light. When hope fades, we shall become hope. And if humanity is to be judged by its final stand, then let us fight!
"A culling is at hand human. Consider this the overture to my symphony!" -Cabal
Silence is golden, duct tape is silver, and plastiques are the final solution.
{NEWFLAG} Timere
Fri Mar 09 2007, 04:25AM
Registered Member #70

Just finished Terry Brooks' "Knight of the Word". Some great ideas in it and it's predecessor, but I figured out the big revelation way too early.
{NEWFLAG} Masyn Goodchild
Fri Mar 09 2007, 08:10AM

JAG Assistant Admin

Registered Member #38

Does anyone have a suggestion on a good 'Fantasy' series ?

[ image disabled ]

Dark master of the ..... and the /'ies
{NEWFLAG} ConerVallore
Fri Mar 09 2007, 10:29AM

JAG Head Admin

Registered Member #1

I really liked "the Wheel of Time"

[ image disabled ]
=> ConerVallore <=
JAG Network Head Admin
{NEWFLAG} Ellume
Fri Mar 09 2007, 11:09AM

Registered Member #109

Currently Im reading Robert Rosen's Life Itself which looks at the problems with exploring the question of "What is life?" Rosen was a theoretical biologist but his book delt mainly with science and is quite readable even without much knowledge of biology. Also Im working through David Richo's How to be an Adult in Relationship with my discussion group. Interesting twist of Buddhism to Jungian thought and Kohut's Self psychology written in an understandable form directed to the general population.

As for a fantasy series. I remember liking the Lon Tobyn Chronicle by David B. Coe.

[ image disabled ]
{NEWFLAG} Erin Bludd
Fri Mar 09 2007, 02:47PM

Registered Member #32

Just read the Chronicles of Narnia. ;P

[ image disabled ]
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills;we shall never surrender." -Sir Winston Churchill
When there is no light, we shall be the light. When hope fades, we shall become hope. And if humanity is to be judged by its final stand, then let us fight!
"A culling is at hand human. Consider this the overture to my symphony!" -Cabal
Silence is golden, duct tape is silver, and plastiques are the final solution.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF