News       Forums       Game Info       Guides       Gallery       Videos       Chat       Blogs       Msgs    

Forums  
Tabula Rasa Gamers :: Forums :: Coalition Headquarters :: The Engineering Shop

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Platoons
Moderators: ConerVallore, Fractured, Masyn Goodchild, TehSoM
Author Post
{NEWFLAG} Erin Bludd
Fri Jan 26 2007, 09:15AM

Registered Member #32

I think it would be awesome to have a platoon function in TR. It would allow for more squads to work in tandem in large events, like our Bane assault idea. Besides I like the feeling of being in something "bigger" in games.

[ image disabled ]
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills;we shall never surrender." -Sir Winston Churchill
When there is no light, we shall be the light. When hope fades, we shall become hope. And if humanity is to be judged by its final stand, then let us fight!
"A culling is at hand human. Consider this the overture to my symphony!" -Cabal
Silence is golden, duct tape is silver, and plastiques are the final solution.
{NEWFLAG} Fractured
Fri Jan 26 2007, 10:23AM
Assistant Admin

Registered Member #3

Basically just like raids, and Platoons in PS. Meh, could be itneresting, could help organize I guess. As long as the squad leaders, and Platoon Leaders can make waypoints for where people to do, and leave notes.

The shadows always consume the weak!
{NEWFLAG} Dragnl0rd
Fri Jan 26 2007, 04:56PM
Registered Member #35

I'm a CR2 Commander! Watch me draw pretty piccies on da map! durrr!

Getting a decent command structure out of an impromptu platoon would be the only hard thing.

"You misunderstand me commander. I lead a group of highly trained, illegally soldier-boosted, bloodthirsty mercenaries. We don't requisition anything with something as pansy as a SAFETY on it." - Capt. Kaff Tagon
{NEWFLAG} Erin Bludd
Fri Jan 26 2007, 05:58PM

Registered Member #32

My thought processes on it are a work in progress. I just think it would be cool to be able to team with more than just a squad of your clan.

But speaking of the pictures on the map.... Was pretty funny one time because our squad leader got mad at one of our squad mates because he was a poor Prowler (TR tank) driver. So he drew a Prowler on the map and wrote "Learn to drive dammit!" He put the guys name in the sentence but I don't remember it....

[ image disabled ]
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills;we shall never surrender." -Sir Winston Churchill
When there is no light, we shall be the light. When hope fades, we shall become hope. And if humanity is to be judged by its final stand, then let us fight!
"A culling is at hand human. Consider this the overture to my symphony!" -Cabal
Silence is golden, duct tape is silver, and plastiques are the final solution.
{NEWFLAG} John Bourne
Sun Jan 28 2007, 10:20AM

Registered Member #7

Heh. I think this is a great idea, marred by poor implementation from other developers... Its something that shouldn't be forced, but available for those who can use it properly. You'll always get people willing and ready and doing nothing else than fart arsing about, drawing pictograms or what not, but if you full pray to a command practicing such things in a game where you are not forced into any heirarchy you don't wish to be, then its your own poor choice of Commander. And I'm not saying that, drawing pictures on maps or cracking the odd joke is a sign of a poor commander, but everyone in every game knows the jackasses that ruin most fun things for everyone else in their units, and they should know to avoid them, boot them or leave them.

I'd love to see 5 RaF members unable to organize their gametime to perform a proper mission and possibly missing a capable and online squad leader able to join a battlefield and hook up with an Allied clan that perhaps has a respected and highly able squad leader performing a holding maneuver on a frontline flagpole.

John Bourne is ... available in a limited capacity.
[ image disabled ]
E N L I S T - T O D A Y !
Esseri Senzienti Liberi Alleati [RAF]
Lt. John "Chourst" Bourne, Lord of Randomness
I try to kick as much ass as I can. - With what little I have.
{NEWFLAG} NJgamerguy
Thu Oct 04 2007, 07:33PM
Registered Member #220

My thought on that there should be a private instance that the platoon can go into. It would be a breifing room where the map of the area is that they intend to go to. The platoon leader can make anotations on this map for everyone to see. There the leader can give the battle plan and all can understand and make suggestions. To avoid problems I forget the game that did it maybe it was BF 2142 but you limit voice communication to inner squad and squad leaders to platoon leader. Then it just comes down to how well everyone works together.
{NEWFLAG} loszybe
Thu Nov 29 2007, 03:46AM
Registered Member #272

I like your words ,thay are beautiful and pretty powerful yet .I bet in real world you are a wise person and must be looked up by lots of people .You are born a leader!Seriously not flatting .If possible can you tell your in-game name ? I would love to add you on my friend list.all my best wishes to you

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF