News       Forums       Game Info       Guides       Gallery       Videos       Chat       Blogs       Msgs    

Forums  
Tabula Rasa Gamers :: Forums :: TR Gamers :: Bugs and Issues

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
does TR.JAG not like opera?
Moderators: ConerVallore, Fractured, Masyn Goodchild, TehSoM
Author Post
{NEWFLAG} Dragnl0rd
Sat Jan 20 2007, 06:45PM
Registered Member #35

First off, I'd like to clarify that I mean the opera browser, not the opera stage style.

When I first tried registering on tr.jag, I was cycled through a loop as if the submit button on the registration page was actually a refresh button. This wasn't the only site doing that to me, however, so I updated my Opera Browser to the latest version (9.10). Okay, now registration works, but half the links on the site's main page give me SQL error 6. Specifically the links on the left side of the page. Go figure.

No, I will not use IE, as it's a virus prone P.O.S. Firefox has been a good substitute, but since I like opera, I'd like to see if it's possible to resolve some of these errors.

I will admit the problem may not be on your side or with my browser, but with the decade old router I'm connecting through. I will add to this thread when I get home and connect wirelessly to see if I'm having the same issue.

Above all, I'd like to know if any other opera users have been having this issue, or even if there are any other opera users who access the site.

Also, I'd like to ask what file format is acceptable as an avatar. So far the site has automatically denied anything I submit with the .jpg, .bmp,and .gif extensions, even though the size is correct according to the settings page (less than 100px*100px).

"You misunderstand me commander. I lead a group of highly trained, illegally soldier-boosted, bloodthirsty mercenaries. We don't requisition anything with something as pansy as a SAFETY on it." - Capt. Kaff Tagon
{NEWFLAG} ConerVallore
Sat Jan 20 2007, 08:59PM

JAG Head Admin

Registered Member #1

First off I want to apologize for any issues you have been having. We have been doing our best to seek out and fix as many issues as possible. At the moment this site gets most of its testing done with FF2.0+ and IE6+. I have been working to fix issues with Opera however I often get random issues with it.

The issue with the SQL problem is a new issue with our current host. I am working with them as we speak to clear this issue up. They have been working to upgrade our server but have run into issues.

As for the uploading of avatars, I will need to look into this and see why it is no longer accepting uploads. In the mean time I do know that linking to an off site avatar will work.

[ image disabled ]
=> ConerVallore <=
JAG Network Head Admin
{NEWFLAG} ConerVallore
Sat Jan 20 2007, 10:15PM

JAG Head Admin

Registered Member #1

Also wanted to add, what version of opera?

[ image disabled ]
=> ConerVallore <=
JAG Network Head Admin
{NEWFLAG} Erin Bludd
Sat Jan 20 2007, 10:28PM

Registered Member #32

He said Opera version 9.10 in the post silly

[ image disabled ]
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills;we shall never surrender." -Sir Winston Churchill
When there is no light, we shall be the light. When hope fades, we shall become hope. And if humanity is to be judged by its final stand, then let us fight!
"A culling is at hand human. Consider this the overture to my symphony!" -Cabal
Silence is golden, duct tape is silver, and plastiques are the final solution.
{NEWFLAG} ConerVallore
Sun Jan 21 2007, 04:04PM

JAG Head Admin

Registered Member #1

FYI, uploading avatars now works.

I will be working on fixing things up for opera in the next week.

[ Edited Sun Jan 21 2007, 04:08PM ]

[ image disabled ]
=> ConerVallore <=
JAG Network Head Admin
{NEWFLAG} Fractured
Sun Jan 21 2007, 07:12PM
Assistant Admin

Registered Member #3

I've ran Opera with this site and had no problems. Possibly another thing could be problamatic.

The shadows always consume the weak!

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF