News       Forums       Game Info       Guides       Gallery       Videos       Chat       Blogs       Msgs    

Forums  
Tabula Rasa Gamers :: Forums :: Off Duty :: Recreation Room

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
And Death shall have no Dominion
Moderators: ConerVallore, Fractured, Masyn Goodchild, TehSoM
Author Post
{NEWFLAG} GhostHack
Fri Jan 19 2007, 01:58PM
Registered Member #14

"How can you even do that?" Serana Deen rested her head on her knees, watching the vaulter.

"I know how many steps running, I know the distance to jump, and Im better than you. I dont need eyes for everything." A smile cracked his lips as Ghost-hack faced where her voice came from.

"Yes, ha ha... But I meant- well how do you know where the ground will be?"

"Luck."

They both chucked, and she came over to him. She always came to him. They werent lovers, they werent even friends, really. But from time to time, they came together to pretend they knew what it meant to be close to another human. Intimacy was a gift few humans could afford now days.

"I still have 15 minutes before my unit ships..." she offered.

"I dont." Ghost-hack plugged his optic mask into the port in his skull, and sliped the hood back on. "You're looking good again, the scar's almost healed." Serana smiled, her hand moving to the sutchered gash that ran down her chin and across her throat.

"yea, well... guys dig scars, right?"
He left without a reply.

gypsy blood, Ghost-hack thought to himself. waiting for his unit to arive at the jump pad he began stretching. Bending backward, he began inching his palms closer to his heels. He should have been in a circus. He could almost touch the base of his hand to his heel, before his back couldnt take it. He lifted his legs slowly up to a hand stand, then over... never letting them touch the ground. As he began to do a rep of 'floating' pushups, he heard footsteps.

"Hello Ex" The footsteps stoped just outside his vision. Extine Walters was his second in command.. first while Ghost was at point.

"How do you always know it's me?" This was routine by now, Ex knew his leader's aptitudes, and yet constantly needed to test them.

"Your the only soldier on this rock who walks up to me like a wounded duck..." Ghost hopped to his feet and walked onto the pad. "One way ticket hellside, compy." and he was gone...

"What the hell's a duck?" Ex picked up his rocket launcher and with a nod to the other members of their Unit, stepped up to the jump pad.

[ image disabled ]
"Give me thy sword, that I may be
One more soul that still stands free"

~Jack Jesse, Prisoner of War, WWII "

(my grandfather)

{NEWFLAG} GhostHack
Fri Jan 19 2007, 02:20PM
Registered Member #14

A tip-off?
perhaps, but who? Even in a war for survival, there were those willing to sacrifice their own people for power and luxury.

Ghost-hack felt a wave of "what ifs" coming on, and quickly cleared his mind with a twitch of his neck.
"...no time for that now.... time to move"

Ghost slipped down a ravine between the trees. He could already hear the thrax soldiers moving from their patrols. Command cant be this dumb, this is suicide, and it hasnt even started yet. Ghost could hear the rest of his team's jump and Ex already whispering orders. Two more of his men slid down the ravine to meet up with Ghost.

"Sir," it was Hyden and Watts, "with Lt. Walters' complements, we're screwed."

Ghost-hack rubbed his smooth hood. He should die today, but his soldiers were good soldiers. So, suicide it was. In the end, his team surived, because Ghost survived. Extine's face was gone with most of his skull. Carmine, Hyden and Cash went toe to toe with a battalion of Thrax, and took enough with them to make the Bane take notice. But no one noticed the Stalker untill Watts had both legs blown off by it. As soon as it was clear, Ghost sent the remnants of his men back through the jump. He had some unfinished business.

Ghost-hack kept up a constant scan to make sure he wasn’t being followed then slipped quietly into the factory. Prefab buildings, turrets, and predators... everything a Bane warlord needs to keep a grip on a planet. This was the mission, and alive or dead, Ghost-hack would make sure that no death today was wasted. Bane would feel his rage today. Security was the usual: some small turret mounts, Thrax sentries, a prowling Stalker..... and somewhere, assuredly, there was a Thrax overseer. piece of cake, as long as he wasn’t-
"GEERAAANG GEEERANG GEERANG"
-......spotted.

The lightning-turrets all turned in unison, aiming their channeling prisms right at him, the Thrax trained plasma rifles.... in the distance, he could hear the "thud..thud thud" of the stalker at full gallop. Then came the blasts. The crate Ghost hid behind was vaporized. Ghost-hack ran, shockfire tailing his movements. jumping, he pushed off the wall of the factory floor hard, rolling in the air, he drew his two small, personal pistols. He landed smoothly on his back and slid below and past the main conveyance, blasting at the Thrax guards as he slid underneath.
Rolling back onto his shoulders, and then his hands, Ghost flipped up, bulls-eying two of the generators powering the turrets and blasting them out of commission. Ghost-hack ran to the stairs as the remaining Thrax began to draw the melee blades strapped to their arms. Bobbing, weaving, flipping and rolling, Ghost did his best to dodge the wirl of blades, but there was too much to keep track of. The slice hit hard past his shoulder and slammed him into the wall adjacent to the Overseer's office. He clutched his shoulder as the Thrax surrounded him.

A thin, but muscular Bane Overseer strode out to examine his prisoner. The armor he wore did nothing to hide his patrician physique. The overseer spoke, and the clicking noise made Ghost-hack's head ring. Through the splitting headache, his mind formed the words.

"So, this is our little spy? Speak up, human, what brings you to my Factory? You didnt seriously entertain the fantasy that one of you're worthless species could actually take on this emplacement "

"I came to check you out sweetheart...... I heard Banite officers could pass for a woma-"
The butt of the rifle slammed hard against Ghost's head, and the world was midnight: stars and blackness.

Ghost-hack stifled a cry as he felt the back of his head light on fire. his hood was gone and he was blind again. His head was still muddled but he had the sinking suspicion that bad news was just begining. The fire came again, and he tried to bat it away. Instead, he hit something fleshy.

“Hey! Keep your hands to yourself, slave. These stitches will never heal right if we don’t keep them clean”. The voice was somber, but perhaps it hint a playfulness? A woman's at least... And probably human. Ghost-hack sat up, waiting silently for her to speak again. He flinched as he felt the alcohol hit his arm again.

“If you were going to brake in, you could at least have been sneaky about it.” She mumbled as she sutured.

“You aren't Thrax,” Ghost sighed.

“Ahh, the conquering hero speaks?” she was patronizing even in her monotone, “Not all Bane are Thrax. Did you think all humans were as dumb as you?” she finished her mission, it seemed, and she went to clean up. Ghost heard running water for a moment.

“I expect that the Eloh saved cowards as much as anyone. Where is my hood?” Ghost-hack eased himself off the medical cot and began to feel arround to get his bearings.

“You're blind, arent you? By the Thrax... They make you worthless to the Alliance, and yet you still refuse to see the errors in fighting them... you are more fool than man.” condescension purred through her voice, Ghost could almost feel her cruel smile.

“No one is worthless to the Allied Sentients. Only Banites treat their underlings like cattle...”

"Perhaps, but i notice that it is we who rule the galaxy, and you who are little more than a blind orphan. So many petulant children unwilling to admit when you are wrong.."

"...You talk too much traitor."

"It will be your turn soon enough."

[ image disabled ]

(my grandfather)

{NEWFLAG} GhostHack
Fri Jan 19 2007, 02:51PM
Registered Member #14

At first, it felt like a tickle. A shiver that rattled the base of his skull. Pinpricks of pain traced their way along invisible lines. The Scanners were taking hold. No one Ghost had ever heard of had seen a Scanner. But then... no Scanner ever tapped into him either.

The words came like a scream being torn apart in his brain.
"Wh-at...isss yourname." Ghost could feel their rage building as he stalled. They must not get much in the way of resistance.

"The more you resist, the more they tear at your mind. The more they tear, the greater the damage will be..." The human again, smug and cold as their last meeting.

"Your name!" reverb thumped against Ghost-hack's eardrums.

I am your death, Scanner. Ghost smiled and turned to face the Scanner. Along the threads the Banite lay, he could see the room.

Four Scanners surrounded him, each creature as if a thrax soldier had grown upside down. They stood on eight spindle legs protruding from what should have been the creatures' backs... a bulbus head sagged on each neck, a slackjawed mouth on each crown. The bipedal legs were shrivled and lame.. slinking behind the creatures like macabre tails. But that was not all to be seen from the Scanner's eyes. The woman was there, sound dampeners on her head. Beautiful, dispite the torture scars, serene as a chilled poison.
She would not survive.
The butterfly wing. The pebble on a placid lake that turns into a tidal wave. Ghost reached out along the Scanners' mental web. So quickly, the hooks in the prey to catch the captors.

Ghost-hack tore at the ethreal threads, and screams echoed the room. He twisted, rending consciousness and understanding from the Banites. They would be left comatose and usless to the Thrax. Reaching out, Ghost latched onto the mind of the trator. Through her eyes, he found what he needed: his hood. The logos of Tremor broke him free from his bonds, and with the mental fibers in tow, retreived his eyes. Able to see again, Ghost-hack bent his will against the Traitor woman, carving deep, leaving nothing but pain and fear. She would not even remember how to breathe. An invisible smile cracked his lips.

"He may be blind, traitor, but we can rebuild him. The ASF leaves no man behind. We have the technology. Better, stronger, faster.... Like the old show. Like the hardline in my skull that makes it so I can see, so I can use my mind as a weapon." Ghost-hack helped the woman to the floor, tears pooling beneith her head through silent screams.

Overseer... I'm comming for you. With barely a notice, Ghost-hack activated the Logos of Flame, and the interrogation was over.

[ image disabled ]

(my grandfather)

{NEWFLAG} GhostHack
Fri Jan 19 2007, 03:05PM
Registered Member #14

The office could have been an old Earth one. Could have, that is, if it hadnt taken up Banite ergonomics with such zeal. The room was black, and curved and was all together alien.

Ghost-hack shut the door.

"I hear you've been having a personel problem." Ghost walked purposfully into the center of the room. the Overseer stood up behind what probably could have been a desk, if it hadnt been a Thrax Soldier's corpse.

"You escaped my Scanners?" The tin of his voice did little to dull his anger. An explosion made the whole factory shudder.

"Killed them, actually... Three guesses who's next." Ghost-hack wondered if his smile made it through the hood.

"Kill me, and there will just be another Overseer here tomorrow. You cannot Defeat Bane. The Empire spans Galaxies. Before you make it back to the safty of your Alliance, Operations here will have already returned to normal..."

"You seem to missunderstand my intentions," Inside his hood, Ghost let his lids close. Gossamer threads whipped arround his inner sight. Moving higher, the threads solidified, Iron spiderwebs spread across his vision, but he found what he wanted. Reaching out, Ghost-hack Pulled hard on The Overseer's attachment to the collective unconscious. "You see, this isnt about the war," Ghost opened his lids. The Overseer looked as though he was choaking.. but only in his eyes. His golden eyes were racked with fear. "This is payback." Fingers looped through the invisible threads, and Ghost-hack tore those threads apart. The Overseer's face contorted through its chitinous mask.

"You dont kill my men, and live, Bug. But I would not dishonor them, by letting you share their fate..." The Overseer's whole body began to shudder, his eyes moist and milky. Ghost-hack left him there. Eventually the Thrax would find him, having starved to death unable to move from that spot, trapt in agony.

Two days had passed, before Ghost-hack returned from the drop. But the mission was acomplished. Troops rolled across the battlefield, and without air support, the Banites were beaten back, almost to the point of abandonment.

"Time to begin recruiting..."

[ image disabled ]

(my grandfather)

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF