News       Forums       Game Info       Guides       Gallery       Videos       Chat       Blogs       Msgs    

Forums  
Tabula Rasa Gamers :: Forums :: TR Gamers :: Site Suggestions

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Clan Page Expansion?
Moderators: ConerVallore, Fractured, Masyn Goodchild, TehSoM
Author Post
{NEWFLAG} Fractured
Tue Jan 09 2007, 06:04AM
Assistant Admin

Registered Member #3

I've been trying to brainstorm ideas for when we get the time to expand on our clan page. Nothing of what I say is set in stone, and anything can be altered, or completely removed as a idea. Started this to try and figure out ideas of what the community would like to see.

-Clan Name
-Clan Logo
-Clan Moto
-Clan Site Link
-Clan Roster
-Clan Ranks
-Clan Forums
-Clan Live Chat

Thats all I have for now, please post ANY of your ideas, and if they are within any sort of reason, I'll add them to my ideas at the top!

[ Edited Thu Jan 11 2007, 01:11AM ]

The shadows always consume the weak!
{NEWFLAG} John Bourne
Wed Jan 10 2007, 01:24PM

Registered Member #7

I love the idea of Clan Logos and motto's as I feel the clan page is a little sparse, a little tacked on, as it stands right now. Leadership names and their contact details as well as a forum and site link would be nice, but the rest might just be overkill.

John Bourne is ... available in a limited capacity.
[ image disabled ]
E N L I S T - T O D A Y !
Esseri Senzienti Liberi Alleati [RAF]
Lt. John "Chourst" Bourne, Lord of Randomness
I try to kick as much ass as I can. - With what little I have.
{NEWFLAG} Tainted Greek
Wed Jan 10 2007, 03:12PM
Registered Member #15

Yes yes and YES!!! We need all these especially Clan Logos!!!

[ image disabled ]
{NEWFLAG} Fractured
Thu Jan 11 2007, 01:07AM
Assistant Admin

Registered Member #3

Just as a side comment here John, were not done with this site at all. We got pretty much the basics up, and wanted to get it up before (and hopefully) the TR rush comes. Coner is working his ass off trying to get all this content it, and I'm trying to learn programming so I can help him with it >_>. But we have A LOT of plans coming, so if you want something added to the site, not is quite the time to mention it.

{NEWFLAG} Deep Shadow
Thu Jan 11 2007, 05:32AM

Registered Member #12

All of those would be excellent Frac.
You'd be making TR.JAG a real Clan HQ, giving start ups a place to setle and older clans a few features they might not have had.

It'd boost site traffic tenfold, I truly can't see anything wrong with anything on that list.

Some people make things happen.
Some people watch things happen.
Some people wonder what happened.
Deep Shadow, of the Rank and File. [RaF]
{NEWFLAG} John Bourne
Thu Jan 11 2007, 05:35AM

Registered Member #7

I understand, I've heard as much from Coner and as the site stands I'm happy with it, I'm just offering a working opinion as its currently impossible and probably not in the community's interest to know everything you guys have planned for us (to use, break and abuse ). I was just commenting on the Clan pages as they, 'stand right now' and not what they will be or as if they represent the true quality of TR.JAG.

[ image disabled ]
{NEWFLAG} Fractured
Thu Jan 11 2007, 06:13AM
Assistant Admin

Registered Member #3

We'll see if everything makes it in Deepshadow, I'm really trying to push towards a good clan page. What I find most annoying about other sites, is that its really difficult to setup. You gotta register all these different things. I'm going to try and make it so you can go in, push "Create a new clan site", then you fill in the spots, and select the features you want!.

I think if it was like that, there really wouldnt be much more room of improvement. It will be quite awhile until this gets setup though, so bare with me .

{NEWFLAG} Fractured
Thu Jan 11 2007, 06:13AM
Assistant Admin

Registered Member #3

We'll see if everything makes it in Deepshadow, I'm really trying to push towards a good clan page. What I find most annoying about other sites, is that its really difficult to setup. You gotta register all these different things. I'm going to try and make it so you can go in, push "Create a new clan site", then you fill in the spots, and select the features you want!.

I think if it was like that, there really wouldnt be much more room of improvement. It will be quite awhile until this gets setup though, so bare with me .

{NEWFLAG} John Bourne
Thu Jan 11 2007, 06:49AM

Registered Member #7

What about having clans listed as part of your main page setup? Either Clan leaders having access to setup pages for their clan so they can modify information and keep track of hits (a nice feature to keep clan leaders coming back), and or a navigation extension for clan members, they join their clan via the clan page and can see member numbers, page hits and get a link to their TR.JAG clan member list? These are some of the things I was planning for my own site, but I just don't have the time personally to make it happen, I'd love to see it here.

[EDIT]: Oh, and how about random media-verts on the main page in the little flash page flicker, "JOIN the ASF!". Have it so a file takes the total post counts of each clan once a week and converts those totals into percentages and have its stats accessed and placed against a RNGenerator to see who's clan advert is on the mainpage each time the page is accessed. It'd be positive reinforcement of not just activity, but community gathering (although strick moderating would be needed and post count penalties for spam with the possibility of post count bonus' for quality posting and post count competitions available for bonus' - both temporary and static). And, even if your clan can't gain the highest percentage, they can still win their fair amount of free advertising just by posting as best they can.

[ Edited Thu Jan 11 2007, 07:00AM ]

[ image disabled ]
{NEWFLAG} ConerVallore
Thu Jan 11 2007, 08:54AM

JAG Head Admin

Registered Member #1

These are all very good ideas. One of the main reasons I like to put such ideas before the community is because the community can come up with ideas that we would not have considered. While some idea will take longer than others, it sets a road map for me and the staff.

Also, as you mentioned John, it is not in our best interest to reveal everything… trust me when I say we have plenty of new features up our sleeves that will be a big surprise.

[ image disabled ]
=> ConerVallore <=
JAG Network Head Admin

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF