News       Forums       Game Info       Guides       Gallery       Videos       Chat       Blogs       Msgs    

Forums  
Tabula Rasa Gamers :: Forums :: Coalition Headquarters :: Tabula Rasa News

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
News: Closed Beta Is Here!
Moderators: ConerVallore, Fractured, Masyn Goodchild, TehSoM
Author Post
{NEWFLAG} ConerVallore
Thu May 03 2007, 02:40PM

JAG Head Admin

Registered Member #1

From PlayTR.com
The time has finally come and we have started Closed Beta! You can read the official press release about it here or you put in a beta application here.

What are these early testers saying about the game? Check it out:

"I have to say, from my first day in TR yesterday I'm VERY impressed. There are some glitches and problems here and there but hey, this is polished for a beta game.

What I enjoy most, is how you've somehow pulled my thoughts away from XP, Leveling and grinding. Instead of being faced with a field full of large rats and being told that i have to kill something in the order of 200 of these buggers before I get my gold chalice, I'm dumped into the middle of a very real war for my own life.

I'm sitting at a checkpoint at the outskirts of our camp, looking over my skills, when I hear a yell and gunfire. I pull out of my menu to see the bane breaking down the friggin door! I jump behind some sandbags and start firing like crazy with my rifle. After a couple minutes of frenzied fighting the battle is over, the bane are dead, and I'm wiping the sweat off my brow. Hey look, i got xp for that, sweet!

I really like how one forgets entirely about their xp bar and genuinely wants to kill off bane for the fun of it. I just grab my trusty rifle sometimes and head off toward the nearest bane stronghold to light up a few dozen of them for no other reason other than how fun it is.

Thats what most MMOs lack today, they tell you that you must kill a lot of critters to level up. While in this one, you have a very real enemy that seems to have something personal against YOU, gives you a rifle, and tells you to go kill em all.

Great job guys! This is going to turn out to be one kickin game. "

[ image disabled ]
=> ConerVallore <=
JAG Network Head Admin
{NEWFLAG} JiggaV
Thu May 17 2007, 09:42AM

Registered Member #151

Conner great description... I hope i get my Beta invite soon. Cant wait!

And i agree that if a game can take away from the monotonous grind of most MMO's these day it will be a welcome change that i cannot wait to experience.

thx for the update!

[ image disabled ]
{NEWFLAG} Kingin
Fri Jun 22 2007, 03:49PM
Registered Member #157

Hi I signed up for this game awhile ago like a mount or so ago and I'm new here but if I read correctly then the game beta is out, if so were could i download the game, i got my reply from the beta sign-up and it says i got in. Any help is great
{NEWFLAG} Jaren Quintaine
Fri Jun 22 2007, 04:42PM

Registered Member #156

Kingin wrote ...

Hi I signed up for this game awhile ago like a mount or so ago and I'm new here but if I read correctly then the game beta is out, if so were could i download the game, i got my reply from the beta sign-up and it says i got in. Any help is great

That was likely a sign-up confirmation, not a beta-winner email.

If it was a beta-winner email, I suggest deleting your post, as it's probably against the NDA to say you're in the beta. Which means you could have your account banned.
{NEWFLAG} Ryyko
Sat Aug 25 2007, 09:26PM

Registered Member #179

I just can't wait to play TR

Ryyko!
{NEWFLAG} Le Voltigeur
Sun Oct 14 2007, 06:26PM

Registered Member #235

me either this is a game i will have to play

"That was burt haggert in i kissed my sweetie with my fist" (family guy)

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF